Come Out and Get Your Questions Answered!
Learn WordPress with our hands-on, expert instructor-led training course. Our WordPress classes are task-based and focus on real-world scenarios and challenges individuals face in their day to day dealings with the platform.
Our experts have been designing and creating websites using the WordPress platform since 2005. We would love to have you in our next workshop. Come out and have fun while learning!
What to Bring:
* Laptop – the class is very hands-on
* Business Cards – workshops are always a great place to network
* Pen/Pad – for taking notes
Looking for a Group Discount?
We offer a discounted rate for groups of 2 or more. Contact us at 866-874-3647 for more information.
What does the price include?
* Continental breakfast (i.e bagels, yogurt, orange juice, etc.)
* Snacks and beverages (water, cookies, fruit, etc.)
* 10% off future workshops conducted by Apex Virtual Solutions
Part 1 of WordPress Training
* WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
* Selecting your hosting platform. WordPress.com vs. a Self-hosted option
* Installing WordPress (Self-hosted)
* Exploring the Dashboard or Admin Area
* WordPress Pages vs. WordPress Posts (understanding the difference)
* Selecting the right WordPress theme
* Paid Themes vs. Free Themes
Part 2 of WordPress Training
* Creating Pages
* Creating Posts
* Creating a WordPress Menu
* What are Plugins?
* Which Plugins your website needs?
* Customizing your WordPress theme
* Updating pages
* Uploading new blog posts
Part 3 of WordPress Training
* Adding images
* Adding videos
* Working with Short-codes
* Creating a blog
* Organizing your blog categories and tags
* Managing comments
* Software updates
* How to back up your site
During this portion of the course, attendants get to ask questions that are specific to the WordPress platform and plugins.
* Learn about additional courses offered by Apex Virtual Solutions
* Find out how to get access to our free online WordPress resources. Our online resources include video tutorials, training pdfs and image references.
All attendants will need to bring a laptop computer. Internet access will be provided by Apex Virtual Solutions.
Basic internet knowledge is required to get the best experience from the training.
If Apex Virtual Solutions cancels class, students will be issued a full refund. If a registrant cancels at least 15 days prior to the class, a full refund is issued. If a registrant cancels registration, at least 10 days prior to class, instructor will issue a refund less $75 administrative fee or 15%, whichever is greater. No refunds will be issued if registrant cancels 9 days or less from the class date; student will be issued a credit (less $75 administrative fee or 15%) or be enrolled for an upcoming class. WE WILL NOT OFFER REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULES ON THE DAY OF OR AFTER THE EVENT HAS TAKEN PLACE.
I liked how intimate the class was, it removed any hesitation, making it easy to ask questions. I feel like it was a great value for the money. The workshop has given me the confidence I need to try updating our company website instead of just wandering around aimlessly. I highly recommend this workshop, it wasn’t too long and the staff was awesome! – Liz Thomas of ETS Solutions
The WordPress workshop I attended was very organized and the staff was extremely friendly. I liked that it was small and intimate, and we were able to personalize questions. I definitely feel that it was worth the investment. I give this class and A+ rating and would recommend it to a friend or colleague. – Arielle Ross of Global Health Action
Overall, I give the workshop a 5-star rating. It was very informative and I really enjoyed the laid back feel of the training. I think the approach was very unique and well worth the money. The training was organized, the staff was friendly and I would definitely recommend this workshop to my friends and colleagues. – Jennifer Ross of Cox Media Group